October 2020- Appointment Screening Sheet
If your pet has an upcoming appointment at the clinic, please click here to review our screening protocols. We will require all clients entering the building complete this assessment the day of their appointment. We will keep a record of all visitors as required by public health.
Please note that we are allowing ONE client per appointment in the clinic. A mask is mandatory to be worn at all times (under the chin and over the nose). We have a hand sanitizer station inside the front door that must be used before entering your exam room.
As always, the health and safety of our clients and our staff is our top priority throughout the pandemic. We hope everyone is staying safe and keeping well!!
June 20th Update: Phase 2
It’s hard to believe it’s already almost the end of June! As with the rest of our community, we will be entering Phase 2 at the clinic soon. This will be a transition period for us so we ask that you continue to be patient with us as we try to navigate this new normal. Below is an outline on what you can expect with Phase 2. Any questions-let us know!!
Phase 2 Protocols
- Starting Monday June 22nd, we will have clients into the building with their pet for the appointments with the veterinarian. If you have an appointment with one of our technicians, we may or may not have you in the building. This depends what your appointment is for and we will let you know when you arrive for your appointment.
- Face masks will be mandatory for entering the building. They must be worn at all times.
- If you are feeling unwell, have traveled, been in contact with someone who has travelled or in contact with anyone with or suspected to have COVID-19, please contact the clinic to reschedule your appointment.
- We understand that many of our clients are still not ready or able to enter the building. Please let your receptionist know this when you book your appointment. We will make alternate arrangements for the doctor to do your consult over the phone from the parking lot. They will then bring your pet into the clinic for the exam and bring them back out to you.
I have arrived for my appointment-what do I need to know??
- There is a one adult maximum allowed in the examination room with the doctor. We are implementing this so we can maintain physical distancing. The only exception to this is for the euthanasia appointments. We will allow a maximum of two people for this. Both must be wearing face masks and maintain physical distancing while the veterinarian in is the room with you.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call into the clinic from your car to check in.
- Once your exam room is ready we will call you, ask you to have your mask on and head to the front door. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one to you for $2. This will be given at the door before you come in.
- Either a receptionist or your veterinarian will be at the front door to direct you to your exam room. We have spray hand sanitizer that we will apply for you on your way in the clinic.
- You will stay in your exam room for your entire visit. We ask that you respect physical distancing with our staff. The majority of the time, we will process payment in the exam room and help you out of the clinic through a different door.
I need a refill on my pets food or medication-what do I need to do??
- Please use our webstore to order your pets food. You have the option of having the food delivered to home or clinic pick up. Both Hills and Royal Canin also offer a discount on automatic orders. If you need help setting up an account, please let us know. Click here to visit and register on our webstore.
- We place an order every day with our supplier but our delivery of food and supplies are not back to normal yet. Please make sure to give the clinic at least a weeks notice before you are in need of more food/medication. This will help us make sure we have your items in stock and if we don’t, enough time to get them to the clinic for you. Click here for our medication refill form you can use to order your medication anytime. We will call you when your items are ready for pick up.
- If you are picking up food or medication at the clinic, please continue to call when you arrive. We will have a table set up inside the clinic at the front reception desk where you can process your payment and collect your items.
- Please remember that a facemask is mandatory to enter the building.
- If you do not feel comfortable entering the building, we can bring your items to you and process payment outside.
Is there anything else I should know about Phase 2 at the clinic??
- Our business hours will remain the same. Monday-Friday 8am-7pm and Saturday 8am-12pm.
- We will not be taking phone calls from 1-2pm every Friday for our staff meetings. If at all possible, we also ask that you do not come to the clinic during this time for food/medication pick up. These meetings are crucial to keep staff up to date with the ongoing changes.
- Our staff will continue to wear face masks at all times in the clinic. When we are in close contact with each other, we are also wearing goggles or face shields. We are also wearing gloves when needed. We have been checking our temperatures when we arrive and leave for a shift for the past few weeks and will continue to do so. We are trying our best to keep everyone healthy and protected.
- We have been working very hard over these past couple months but especially the past few weeks to get caught up on all of the appointments that needed to be postponed. Our annual wellness exam and vaccination appointments are still being booked a few weeks in advance but it is improving.
- We are making sure to leave enough openings for sick or injured pets that we need to have seen. We also have kept some “emergency blocks” for the unforeseen visits. Please remember to call ahead if you have any emergency so we can prepare for your arrival.
- We will no longer be processing Visa/Mastercard payments over the phone. We will process payments in the clinic but we will also still be accepting e transfers. E transfers are a great option to avoid using the pin pad and can be placed prior to picking up your items to make for a faster trip.
- The clinic door will remain locked. The locked door will help our staff ensure that we have a steady flow of traffic in the clinic while maintaining social distancing. Please call the clinic when you arrive and a staff member will help you with your next step.
Thank you again for all of your support and understanding. We have the best clients ever!!
To our staff-thank you for your dedication and care for our patients. All of your hard work has not gone unnoticed. You are all doing an amazing job keeping our furry patients comfortable in the clinic without their mom and dad with them.
The Taunton Road Animal Hospital Staff
May 18th Update
Effective Tuesday May 19th we will be back to our regular business hours and full staff. We will also be able to now schedule:
-Wellness Care. This will include pets who are due for the annual check up and any vaccines.
-Spring Heartworm/Lyme blood testing.
-Elective surgical procedures. This will include dental cleanings, spay and neuter procedures.
We still have many safety precautions in place that will remain until further notice.
-Curbside pick up for food and medications. We will be creating a social-distant line for you to receive your orders. Please call ahead to place your orders and payment can be made by e-transfer or credit over the phone.
-Telephone consultations. We will continue with not having any clients in the building. The only exception to this is if you require euthanasia services. We will continue to limit the number of adults to two and both must have a mask.
-The clinic will be fully staffed again. We have several protocols in place to keep our staff safe and protected with PPE.
This will be a transition period and we appreciate everyones patience in advance.
All appointments that we were required to postpone since the middle of March will be given priority booking.
We ask that you consider ordering your food on our webstore and have it delivered directly to home. We have decided to help you with this and will be covering all shipping fees until further notice.
Again thank you for your support and understanding. We hope to keep our clients and staff safe during this transition period.
The staff at Taunton Road Animal Hospital
April 4th, 2020
As of April 6th, we will be required by law to make changes to which appointments we are able to see at the clinic. We are still OPEN Monday-Saturday from 8am-6pm.
We are no longer allowed to perform non-urgent appointments. This includes:
- Annual check up wellness exams
- Elective surgery (Spay, Neuter or preventative dental cleanings)
- Any appointments that is considered to be not of an emergent nature.
If your pet is severely ill or you have an emergency, we are available to see your pet for an exam. Please see our update from March 23rd below for the protocol on booking an appointment.
We are still available for food/medication pick up, including flea and tick medication. Please call the clinic for refill requests. Our deliveries have been unpredictable so we are recommending that you give us at least 10 days notice before you will need more food or medications please.
We also introduced our Telemedicine consultation service this week. This is a great option if you have a concern with your pet that you would like to speak with a veterinarian about. You can choose to have a messaging, phone call or video call for your consult. For more information, please click here.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We have made staffing adjustments so we can maintain social distancing while at work. Our receptionists are doing their very best at answering your phone calls and emails as fast as we can. Again, we appreciate your understanding.
If you have an upcoming appointment that will need to be postponed, we will be in touch with you this coming week. When we are able to see these appointments again, you will be given priority booking.
Stay safe and take care of yourselves!!
March 23rd, 2020 Update:
1. Business hours . We will be open from Monday-Saturday 8am-6pm. We will be reducing our staff to ensure our contact with each other is minimal and improve our social distancing.
2. Clients in the clinic. We will not have any clients into the practice. If you need to pick up and food or medication, or have arrived from your appointment, please call from your car. Our staff will direct you on the next steps.
For appointments, a staff member will come outside and bring your pet into the clinic to see the doctor. The consultation will be done via cell phone while you wait in your vehicle. We will then bring your pet back out to you. A receptionist will then call you for payment processing over the phone.
The only exception to this rule we will be if you need to bring your pet in for euthanasia. We will allow two members of the family for these appointments. Please give us a call when you arrive and we will assist you into the building. **This is allowed as long as you are healthy, have not traveled and no one in your household is under self-isolation or quarantine**
3. Payment Options. To ensure that we are not having clients in the practice, we have two payment options. We can process Visa or MasterCard over the phone. We can also now accept e-transfers from your debit account. E-transfers can be sent to [email protected] You will not need a password. Please contact the clinic for your account number that you can place in the message of the transfer.
Our receptionists will help you with either option. We will not be accepting cash or in clinic payments.
If you need to order food/medications or think your pet may need to come see a doctor, we are here for you. Please always call the clinic before heading over so we can make sure we have everything ready for you. Our delivery on food and supplies is still unpredictable so we are still limiting the amount of food we are able to dispense. We are recommending that you please give us at least 10 days notice for a refill on any food or medications.
Again, thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. We will keep you informed on any changes.
Hug your pets, wash your hands and keep well.
The Taunton Road Staff